Lesson 14: Locked Out of Your Facebook Account?
Locked out of your Facebook account?
There may be times when you go to sign in to Facebook but can't seem to remember the email address or password you used when creating your account. Luckily, Facebook makes it easy to recover your account information.
However, you will need some sort of information to recover your account, whether it's your email address, phone number, or name.
To recover your account information:
- Go to http://www.facebook.com and click Forgot account? below the sign-in fields.
- Enter your email address, phone number, or full name in the form that appears, then click Search.
- If you entered your full name, select your account from the list.
- Select Send code via SMS if you entered your phone number or Send code via email. Then click Continue.
- A six-digit code will be sent to your email address or phone. Once you've received it, type the code into the form and click Continue.
- A new page will appear. Type a new password into the New Password form, then click Continue.
- Your password will be changed.
If you’ve tried these methods and still can’t get in to your account, we’ve found this page to be the most helpful in getting Facebook issues resolved.