Lesson 18: Adding More Fonts
Adding more fonts
Choosing the right font will improve whatever project you are working on. By default, Google Docs includes a few dozen fonts, but you can actually choose from hundreds more!
Watch the video below to learn about adding fonts in Google Docs.
To add new fonts:
- In the toolbar, open the Font menu and click More fonts at the top. This will open a new window with hundreds of available fonts.
- Optional: Use the search and filtering options at the top of the window to narrow your search. In our example, we are filtering to only show display fonts.
- Click a font to add it. It will appear under My Fonts on the right side of the window. You can add as many fonts as you want.
- When you're done adding fonts, click OK. The fonts will be added to the Font menu.
To learn more about typography and how to choose the right font, take a look at our lesson on typography.
To change the font:
- Click and drag to select a portion of text.
- Open the Fonts menu. The newly chosen fonts are now included in the list.
- Some fonts allow you to choose a variant. To do this, hover over the arrow next to the font's name and select the desired variant.