By the end of this lesson, you should be able to:
- Use alignment buttons to align text
Aligning text can be invaluable when trying to format your document to meet certain standards. Most documents have text that is left aligned. However, if you were creating a greeting card or advertisement, you might need to know how to center align, right align, or justify your text.
To align text using the alignment buttons:
- Select the text you want to align.
- Click the Align Left, Center, Align Right, or Justify button on the Formatting toolbar.
Read on to view examples of aligned text.
Below are examples of text that are aligned using the left, right, center, and justified alignment buttons.
- Download and save this Cover Letter Word document to complete the challenges below.
- Open the document.
- Left align the entire letter.
- Delete the placeholder information, and type the proper information for the date, address block, and signature.
- Save and close the document.