Lesson 6: Translate Text Instantly
Translate text instantly
With Word’s built-in translation tool, you can translate words, phrases, or even entire documents in a flash. Just keep in mind that you must be connected to the Internet in order to use it.
Watch the video below to learn more about how this feature works.
- Open the Word document you want to translate.
- Click on the Review tab located in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
- Look for the Translate button and click on it.
- Choose the Translate Document option from the drop-down menu.
- In the Choose Translation Language dialog box, select the language you want to translate the document from (in this case, Spanish).
- Select the language you want to translate the document to (in this case, English).
- Click on the OK button to start the translation process.
- A dialog box will appear asking if you want to send the text over the Internet for translation. Click Yes to continue.
- Wait for the translation process to complete. A new window will open with the translated text.
- Finally, save the translated document.
Remember that translations may not be perfect. However, they can definitely help you understand the gist of a document that’s in another language.
In Lesson 7, we’ll share three basic keyboard shortcuts for formatting your text.