Lesson 10: Recover Unsaved Documents
Recover unsaved documents
At some point, you may find yourself in a situation where the document you’re working on is closed before you have a chance to save what you’re working on. Losing a file can be stressful, but don’t panic! There are a couple things you can try if you ever need to recover an unsaved Word document.
Watch the video below to see what steps you need to take.
- Open Microsoft Word. Look for the Recovered or Recent Documents section on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Show Recovered Files.
- A new document will open, and you will see the Document Recovery pane on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on a file to restore the Word document.
- Alternatively, click on the File tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
- Click on Open and then select Recover Unsaved Documents.
- A file explorer window will open with a list of unsaved files. Select the file you want to open and click Open.
- Once you have recovered the document, save it right away to prevent losing it again in the future.
By following this process, you can easily retrieve your work. Remember to always save your work frequently in order to avoid losing your progress!
Lesson 11 covers a slightly similar topic–how to recover a corrupted file. Read on to learn more.