Lesson 24: Adding Background Music from a CD
By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Add background music from a CD to a presentation
- Hide the sound icon in Slide Show view
- Loop the selected music through the entire slide show
Adding background music from a CD
You may want to add background music to some of your PowerPoint presentations. For example, if you create a slide show of family pictures, you may want play music in the background. If you give a presentation at work, you could play music during the introduction slides before you speak.
To add background music from a CD:
- Select the first slide where you want the music to play.
- Select InsertMovies and Sounds.
- Select Play CD Audio Track. The Insert CD Audio dialog box will appear.
- Verify that you have a CD in the CD drive of your computer.
- Select the track number to start playing.
- Select the track number where you want to end.
For example, if you want to only play tracks five and six of the CD, list track 5 as your start track and track 6 as your end track.
- Select Loop until Stopped to continue playing the music until the slide show is complete.
- Select Hide sound icon during slide show.
- Click OK.
- Click Automatically to start the music when the slide appears. The CD sound icon will appear.
If you want to insert music from a digital file, select InsertMovies and SoundsSound from File and follow the instructions that appear in the task pane.
If you have not already done so in a previous challenge, download and save the Sample PowerPoint presentation to complete this challenge.
- Open the Sample PowerPoint presentation.
- Insert a CD into your computer's CD drive.
- Add tracks 2 and 3 as background music to the presentation.
- Hide the sound icon from view.
- Play the presentation in Slide Show view.
- Close the presentation without saving the file.