Lesson 12: Moving, Copying, and Deleting Slides
By the end of the lesson, you should be able to:
- Use the Slide Sorter view
- Move, copy, and delete slides
Working with slides
Slides can be moved, copied, or deleted. You can also move or copy a slide to another presentation. The best view for completing this task is the Slide Sorter view. This view shows a miniature of each slide.
Moving, copying, and deleting slides
Working with slides in Slide Sorter view is a fairly easy task.
To move a slide:
- Click the Slide Sorter view button.
- Select the slide to be moved by pressing and holding down the left mouse button.
- Once the slide is selected, drag it to the new location.
To copy a slide:
- Press Ctrl and choose the slide.
- Drag the slide to the new location.
- When you copy a slide, the mouse pointer becomes a slide icon. Release the mouse button, and a duplicate of the slide appears.
To delete a slide:
- Click the slide.
- Press Delete on your keyboard.
- Open an existing presentation.
- Practice moving, copying, and deleting a slide.
- Practice using the Undo feature after moving, copying, and deleting slides.