Lesson 6: Spell Check and Thesaurus Shortcuts
Spell check and thesaurus shortcuts
When you need to check your spelling or use the thesaurus in PowerPoint, you can use keyboard shortcuts instead of searching through menus.
Watch the video below to see how these nifty shortcuts work.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and enter Edit mode.
- To start spell check, press the F7 key on your keyboard. If you are using a laptop, you might have to hold the function key Fn as you press F7 to activate the shortcut.
- This will start with errors on your current slide and continue through the rest of your presentation. Select Change or Ignore.
- To use the thesaurus, select a word in your presentation.
- Press the Shift + F7 keys on your keyboard to open the thesaurus. The thesaurus will pop up and give you options for alternative words. Click on the synonym you want, and then Insert.
If you’re worried about making spelling errors or want to vary your word choice, using these keyboard shortcuts can definitely help.
In Lesson 7, we’ll review the steps for recovering an unsaved presentation.