Lesson 6: Locked Out of Your Microsoft Account?
Locked out of your Microsoft account?
There may be times when you go to sign in to your Microsoft account, Skype, OneDrive, or other Microsoft service and can't seem to remember the password you used when creating your account. Luckily, Microsoft makes it easy to recover your account information.
However, you will need to know either the email address or phone number you used when signing up for the account.
To recover your account information:
- Go to the Microsoft sign in page and click Forgot my password below the sign-in fields.
- Select I forgot my password, then click Next.
- Enter your email address or phone number, then enter the Captcha code and click Next.
- Choose whether you want to have a security code sent to your alternate email or whether you'd prefer to provide an email address to have the code sent to, then click Send code.
- Once you've received the code, type it and click Next.
- Type a new password in the top field, then retype it in the second field. Click Next.
- Your password will be changed.
If you’ve tried these methods and still can’t get in to your account, we’ve found this page to be the most helpful in getting Microsoft issues resolved.