Lesson 6: How to Quickly Duplicate a Sheet
How to quickly duplicate a sheet
When creating a new worksheet, you may not always want to start from a blank sheet. It's often better to duplicate an existing sheet instead, and there's a quick shortcut that can help with this. Simply hold down the Ctrl key; then click and drag the sheet's tab where you want the copy to go.
Take a look at the video below to see exactly how this works.
- In your Excel spreadsheet, locate the specific sheet that you want to duplicate.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Click and drag the sheet tab that you want to duplicate to the right or left.
- When you release the mouse button, this will create an exact copy of the sheet.
- If you want to clear the data from the duplicated sheet, select the cells that contain the data. Press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- If you want to keep certain cells that contain formulas or other important information, simply deselect those cells before pressing the Delete key.
- Now you have a new sheet that is ready to be used!
If you’re designing a number of documents that are similar, like forms or invoices, this can definitely be a helpful trick. Continue on to the next lesson to learn how to jump to any sheet using a shortcut.