Lesson 5: Chromebook Settings and Customization
Chromebook settings and customization
Chromebooks make customizing the look and feel of your computer simple. While there aren't quite as many options as you might be used to in Windows or macOS, there are still ways to personalize your desktop wallpaper and your browser theme.
To change your wallpaper:
When you sign in to your Chromebook the first thing you see is the wallpaper of your desktop, so it's important to choose one you enjoy.
- Click the status tray in the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu that appears.
- In the Settings menu, under Personalization, select Wallpaper.
- A menu of various wallpapers will appear. Click the wallpaper you want to use as your background.
- Your desktop wallpaper will be changed.
To change your browser theme:
Because Chromebooks are largely centered around using the Chrome browser, you'll be using it a lot. Sometimes, however, the default look may get a little boring. Luckily, there are various themes you can choose from to change the look of your browser.
- Click the launcher icon in the bottom-left corner. Then, type browser themes in the search field.
- Click the Chrome Web Store link.
- A Themes window will appear in the Chrome Web Store. Select the theme you'd like to install.
- A web page opens giving you more information about the theme. Click Add to Chrome to install the theme.
- The theme will be installed to your browser.